Sunday 22 November 2015

Add Value to Your Life / Reflection Sunday


Hello Bloggees. How has your Sunday been? Well mine has been amazing. Been pondering on this phrase (add value to your life) and I thought I should share with ‘yous’ (in Geordie accent lol). Think of this scenario, what if Facebook crashes and even Mark Zuckerberg can’t fix it. You happen to be the only one with the solution? Wow that is mind blowing right? Even if you live in Sahara Desert you will be sorted out to help solve the issue. That would lead to instant success, recognition and wealth.
Okay so something similar happened in Babylon several years ago (I’m not a fan of history else I would have found out the date, those interested can do the research). When a strange writing appeared on the wall and no one could interpret the writing except one man Daniel. So you can begin to apply this in life. God has deposited special gifts in each person. You are a gem waiting to be refined and finally displaced to the world. My question is what exactly are you doing with your gifts, skills and knowledge acquired from school? What are you doing with all your relationships (work, school, church, market, business, mosque, labs, family etc)? Are you adding value to what you already have?

Everyone wants to be knowledgeable and most times we do this by going through school (I mean from Kinder Garten to Post Graduate Studies). One major question you should ponder on is how much do I know about my profession? Not just the theoretical knowledge but also practical (hands-on experience). I would say adding value to your life is an investment that you have to make to get returns. Been knowledgeable would set you apart in whatever you decide to do (Business, Professional Career, Voluntary work etc). Don’t underrate yourself, you are more valuable than you think. You are a problem solver and the world is awaiting your manifestation. Don’t sit doing nothing, always invest in your personal development. Remember don’t let anyone talk your dreams down (I always say I can dream for Africa). It might sound silly but keep on adding value to yourself and work towards achieving your dreams.

I will share this story to inspire people studying a not so popular course at University. I had never heard of Biomedical Genetics until 2010 (5 years ago). I was extremely fascinated about the course so I did some reading around that area but I didn’t do much about it after my research. I met some ‘disappointment’ and couldn’t study the popular course I wanted. So I decided to try untested waters. It wasn’t easy and I never knew I would end up starting a career in genetics (even my shoe designs sometimes are influenced by genetics, gist for later). Sometimes I felt like giving up but I kept on pushing keeping the bigger picture in mind. Which is being a problem solver (that sort of solution that would move me to my next level). Never underrate your course or your skills because you never know where it would take you to.


FOOD FOR THOUGHT: For a course or skills to be ‘unpopular’ means that there is so much value you can contribute to making it ‘popular’. 




NOW ACTIVITY: WELL I’M CURRENTLY LISTENING TO ONE THING REMAINS (REMIX) BY ISRAEL AND THE NEW BREED (COVERED LIVE IN ASIA). LINK IS BELOW

Klizzes (In Falz the badh guy’s voice)
Xoxo
Xingyang 

4 comments:

  1. Yes...there are two ways to becoming successful : either by becoming a business person or a professional! Either ways, success starts from your mindset, your knowledge of the greatness in you and the uniqueness you possess! So yea, let's reflect and keep better as personal development can make a whole lot of difference. Well done and thank you for putting this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Mr Gpland. Thanks for your contribution and dcomment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yelz sir. You just hit the nail right at the tip of the head.

    ReplyDelete