Tuesday 5 January 2016

THE ARTIST EYE

Typing this blog as I'm coughing seriously but no bother I believe healing is mine. Nothing would stop my normal activities. So the popular saying viewing the world through an artist eye caught my fancy two days ago and I realised this was linked to my very first attempt to crystallise a boot.

This gist is long overdue as I promised in one of my previous blog to talk about being a geneticist and also being a creative shoe customiser. My love for shoes have been evident since my early teenage years but I never knew that one day I would develop a skill from been a 'shoe lover'. I basically woke up one morning and starting looking at shoes differently. I asked myself what if I tweak it a little bit. My brain was ignited with so much passion but then I met a very big limitation, I couldn't draw to save a life. Gradually I started giving up because in my head I lacked the 'artist eye'. I was never good at drawing and did my best to stay out of Fine Arts after my junior year in secondary school. I had to look at the definition of an artist and here's what I saw "An artist is a person young or old with a gift to see the world discovered and undiscovered in different ways". So basically everyone is an artist only if you believe you have the capacity to see things differently. Seeing life generally from a different 'angle', and not thinking about issues having only one solution means you have 'the artist eye'.

Discovering this was like finding a treasure. I felt like Jack Sparrow (lol). So I started thinking of other solutions to my drawing issues. I discovered it. I wrote out the details of the pattern I wanted on the shoes and BAM, the issue was resolved!!! It's been working ever since maybe some day I would have another solution but for now I would stick with this one. My first boot 'creation' was inspired by genetics. Generally I believed that a course like genetics and art/designing could never mix. I proved my beliefs wrong by customising 'Part of Darwin evolutionarily tree on my boots'. This might not make sense at all to most people but all I'm trying to say is that having the artist eye could be life changing (you might want to look up darwin evolutionarily tree and promise me not to sleep after 5 minutes lol). Maybe someday when I have my shoe line I would have the full tree done on shoes or something better.

Gold glitter darwinian boots
Gold glitter darwinian boots

To see the world with the kind of clarity that belongs to the inner artist (finding beauty in things or situations that are naturally considered ugly), is one characteristic we as humans should yearn for. Think about how different this world would be if everyone had the artist eye.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Inside all of us is an inner artist. This artist is either dormant or active within us... Depending on how we choose to view the world. 





2 comments:

  1. Think differently and think you can see your artistry come to live...well done

    ReplyDelete