Sunday 10 January 2016

Control RAGE

I have been struggling with writing up this blog since last year because it is a very sensitive issue. So I will start with this what is RAGE/ANGER? Rage means a violent uncontrollable anger or a vehement desire or passion. Anger means a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility. Up until when I wrote this blog I never knew there was a positive aspect of RAGE. Most people passionate about their profession, career or life itself could actually be tagged as having RAGE??? Which I have never considered before. Well for me this is actually an amazing discovery.

This blog is focused on the negative bit of RAGE and ANGER. I met several situations that made me extremely mad this week and to be honest I had every right to 'exhibit RAGE towards those situations'. I learnt a bit later in my life that flaring up doesn't help the situation. It would only leave the individuals badly hurt. To be able to control your rage, you will need help. I got my help from my saviour who loved me so deeply that he said I could lay my burdens for He cares. With that help, I found practical ways of controlling ANGER. One of the best ways is actively listening and been slow to speak. A lot of reaction/chemicals are released when you are outrageously anger and it would be very easy to make hurtful comments that can never be taken back. People have lost friendship, relationships and ever marriages because they were too quick to release those words backed up with so RAGE/ANGER. Another practical way would be having a grateful attitude towards the situation. I will explain that with a scenario that happened to me. I was so tried after a long journey and on arriving I discovered that my luggage were left behind. I was extremely mad as I began to imagine staying without my luggage for days. The luggage arrived some days later only to find out that one box was badly damaged. That had me on gear 5 mode of anger lol. I was ready to huff and puff like a wolf. I went to the front desk to make a complaint and I was told that there was nothing that could have been done except the items inside the box were damaged. I was just mute because I realised that people go through worse situations than I did with my luggage. What if some of my items were damage or worse missing. What would I have done? That where gratitude kicked in. I felt so much peace when I started giving thanks to God. The RAGE evaporated like a C02 gas and it was replaced by N20 (this is a chemistry joke... if you understand put your hands in the air and wave it like you just don't care lol).

Have you noticed that you can get the word RAGE from ANGER but a single letter is missing and that is N. For me N means No or Not which is a continuous reminder not to get angry. If I don't get angry then there is no way I would get to the level of uncontrollable anger. That way I have controlled RAGE. 

My gratitude song for the year 
YOU COVERED ME BY DR VENON 



Signing out, 
Xinyang. 



No comments:

Post a Comment